Westside To Distribute Meals During ‘Yellow’ Status
Posted August 13, 2020
We are proud to share that since we altered school plans in March due to the pandemic, Westside Nutrition Services has served more than 400,000 meals to children in need throughout District 66 and the Omaha metro area. This dedication to our community and fulfilling all needs of children will continue this fall as we again shift to our YELLOW pandemic plan to start the 20/21 school year at Westside.
On Monday, August 17, Nutrition Services will continue to distribute take-home meals for our students, but with changes in place.
- Student meals will cost the same as they would during a traditional school day. (Click here for 20/21 Student Meal Prices at all levels https://westsidecommunityschoolsne.mealviewer.net/)
- Meal benefits are available for students whose family income meets requirements. If you have not already, please complete the Free/Reduced Meals application here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p5Gt01IYnQEHcKQT9WljGDaOGaYYm2d1/view
- Depending on what days your child physically attend school, or if they have signed up for Extended Campus Learning, you will receive meals for 2, 4 or 6 days
- Meals can include lunch, or breakfast and lunch.
- Meal pick-up on Monday, August 17 will take place from 7:30am-1:00pm at your child’s school
- Upon arrival, you will provide your student’s ID number and receive requested meals for the week. Your account will then be charged accordingly.
Beginning the week of August 24, meal pick-up will take place each Wednesday as follows:
- ALL STUDENTS: 7:30am-1:00pm at your child’s school
- WESTSIDE HIGH SCHOOL/WHS WEST CAMPUS STUDENTS ONLY: 4:00pm-6:00pm at Westside High School
- K THROUGH 8 STUDENTS ONLY: 4:00pm-6:00pm at Westside Middle School
- Each elementary student will receive either 3 or 5 days worth of meals, depending on whether they are attending school 2 days a week or learning at home all 5 days each week
- Each secondary student will receive either 4 or 5 days worth of meals, depending on whether they are attending school 1 day a week or learning at home all 5 days each week
To best help our Nutrition Services team plan ahead for meal preparation each week, we ask that you take this brief survey. Please click here to fill out a survey for each child in your family. This information will not be shared; it will only be used to help us plan and efficiently carry out meal distribution each week.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we approach this unprecedented school year!